Saturday, November 24, 2007

Lookin' like Christmas

Every morning when Kylan and I get up we look out the window and stare and these pretty red trees. Well, Friday morning we woke up to this, I've never seen the combination of snow and red trees. Very festive!

We decided to put up the Christmas tree Friday and had a heck of a time doing so. We got out all the Christmas stuff and started wrapping the tree in lights when Kurt said, "Ya know we probably should have plugged these in to make sure they work," so we unwrapped the strand we had just put on and plugged them in and what do ya know they didn't work so we proceeded to check the rest of the lights and on 2 of the strands only half them worked so we did a little handywork here and there and got one strand to work and put them on the tree then plugged them in and they went back to not working. After a couple hours of trying to get lights to work Kurt finally gave in and went and bought all new lights. In the end it really came together and I really like our tree this year! I'm working on collecting and making more ornaments to fill it up a bit more, but it's better than the 1st year we got married when all we had on our trees was rafia bows.


4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Looks cute!!! I laughed so hard at your light story...poor Kurt! :)

Laura said...

How cute! Decorating for the holidays is always fun!

Camille Kinghorn said...

Hey guys!! Long time no see! I was talking to someone who saw your blog on another blog, so I did some "lurking" and found it! I was so excited. I love blogging it is the funnest thing in the world. Looks like you guys are having fun. I had to say hi and Merry Christmas! Hope you guys have a good one. Talk to you later.

Dane and Camille

Tasha said...

Hey Kurt! We came across your blog and thought we'd say hi. We hope you are enjoying your time in Ohio and that all is well with you!