Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July

We had a very fun filled, busy 4th of July this year! In the morning we went to the parade which wasn't all that a parade usually is, just a bunch of people running for office trying to get you to vote for them. Only 2 marching bands (no cheerleaders) and maybe 4 horses. Kind of pathetic but Kylan enjoyed herself and stocked up on the candy. I couldn't believe how much candy they gave out! So that made it all worth if for her (and I snuck in a few pieces while Kurt wasn't looking). Then we went home and took a short nap then headed over to a bbq with some friends and just hung out and talked and enjoyed the beautiful day that it was. Shortly after we headed to some fireworks up by the lake. Kurt and I both decided that it was not worth the drive or being surrounded by all the dumb people that were smoking 2 feet from us. Plus, once you've seen Idaho Falls' fireworks nothing really compares. We didn't get home until midnight and Kylan was exhausted and zonked out in the car. All in all we had a great day!




Kurt happened to catch Kylan running away from Lyza as she tried to stick a sparkler on her arm!

Kylan hid under the blanket for the majority of the fireworks; she's kind of a wuss and got scared!

I love this picture of the 2 of them. She definitely has her Dad's eyes, and wild personality for that matter!




3 comments:

Katy said...

What a fun day! I love the pictures, i cannot believe how BIG Kylan is getting! She's adorable, and you are a Saint-Mommy for getting her hair so cute..! I love her little outfit!
And you look GREAT, you glow! how are you feeling?
Can't wait to see you guys!

Frasure Family said...

how fun! Sad that we missed you while in Idaho. Lacey your hair is getting so long! Your belly is growing as well. Hope you have fun in Idaho and enjoy the cool nights and mountains! Eric didn't want to come back and misses the mountains already!

Taylor Anne Vail said...

Hey Kurt...
I saw your mom this weekend and she couldn't say enough sweet things about your little family. I'm glad to see your doing so well and your family is so dang cute! Our blog is set to private, so if you send me an email at adamandtiffanyvail@yahoo.com I will send you an invite.
Tiffany McCulloch Vail