I guess it's time for an update of some sort! Kurt just recently had about a week & a half break after 3 LOOONNNGGG weeks of finals, but thank goodness they are over and his 1st year is officially out of the way! I couldn't be more proud of him for all the hard work he put into this past year. He even made the Dean's List for both semesters! Whoo hoo!! So over the break we just relaxed and spent some much needed time together as a family. I had Kurt help me paint some furniture for Kylan's room which I will post pictures of when/IF we get into a house the end of the summer. We painted a dresser, headboard, and bookcase all black. I'm excited to put together a new room for her. Wednesday we made a trip down to Wheeling, West Virginia and went to Cabelas. Kurt has been having withdrawals from guns, hunting, fishing and all that so we drove down (a little over 2 hours) and spent a couple hours just checking things out. I must say the piece of rasberry pretzel cheesecake fudge I got made it all worth it! Kylan loved seeing all the animals, especially the elephant. Of course I didn't get any pictures because the batteries died on the camera; just my luck, sorry! The drive was really pretty; lots & lots of tree covered hills!
We had a good Memorial Day. Went and explored a new park with Kylan, barbequed some hamburgers, played frisby golf, & I won a game of Settler's of Catan!! Now it's back to school for Kurt but we are counting down the days to come back to Idaho in July for 3 weeks.
11 comments:
I like the new background. Hooray for winning Settler's. I miss playing:( We bought it at Christmas and have played 2 times. The WV Cabela's is huge! They have a great African animal display. When are you going to Idaho? driving or flying? We are going in a month, hope we can see you! How is potty training going? How are you feeling?
Great update!!! I love the pictures.. Kylan is such a stinkin' cutie and I love that you got the moment of her stuck in the closet on camera!!! Congrats to Kurt for making it through finals weeks and Dean's List!! WOW, that's awesome!! Congrats to YOU for making it too!
Idaho can't wait for you guys to come HOME!!!
Dude, the Deans list. I am so proud of you Kurt. Especially after all the times you called me to vent and shoot clay pigeons. Just pull out your nine and drop a couple holes in the wall when you get pissed. That will take care of your withdrawls. :D
sorry! this is the dabell's. it's showing up under my dad's blog and I am not sure why? just wanted to let you know who is posting a comment.
Hey Turt, This is Erin (Hampton)Womack. I just wanted to tell you that your family is beautiful. Things look like there going well. Talk to ya later. Erin
Hello! Congrats Kurt! That is so awesome you made the deans list (in a good way). You rock! Cant wait to see you in July. I hope we have good weather for wakeboarding. Take care and give that cutie patutie a hug! C ya soon.
lol
I think we will just miss eachother. We are leaving on Saturday and staying for 2 weeks, then I think you guys will be there.
Hi Kinghorns! We came across your blog and it has been fun seeing what you guys have been up to. That is exciting to be going to school in Cleveland! Good luck! Congrats on expecting another girl. Kylan is adorable. We are in Washington and just finished school yea! Steph and Kevin Jenkins
Hey Kurt! This is "T"... other wise known as Tara Taylor Chapple! I came across your family blog and wanted to say hello. It has been great seeing how you are doing. We are getting old, and I cant believe you are going to have baby #2. CONGRATS!! Love T
Post a Comment