Thursday, March 12, 2009

The John Johnson Farm

I fell in love with this house the minute we pulled up. This is the John Johnson home where Joseph & Emma Smith lived for a little bit of time. This is wear Joseph was dragged from his bed in the middle of the night & tarred & feathered and then preached right on the front steps you see above the next morning.

There wasn't as much here as there was in Kirtland but I loved it so much more, the spirit was very very strong especially in the room below.

In this room Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon and told them about the 3 degrees of glory and so on. There's a man's journal, can't remember who right now, that was in the room when it happened and he said that he saw Joseph & Sidney be enveloped by a bright light and it lasted for almost 2 hours I think but that's all he saw or heard. And we know that Christ & Heavenly Father were in that bright light, just amazing to be in the same room.

Kylan being bored & tired.

These are the orignal doors, the effect was painted with a feather! Pretty cool huh?

1 comment:

Rileys said...

Well, If Kylan was bored she could have done what Aniston did when my back was turned. She took a bite out of the soap on display, I am really hoping it was not an original that Emma Smith had put so much work into!